Are you a motivated, creative, self-starter who thrives in a face-paced environment? Do you enjoy beating deadlines, outperforming your peers, and producing content that awes the viewer? Do you have a passion for turning important messaging into inspirational storytelling? Do you have an eye for the perfect shot? Do you have a knack for critical thinking and working with others to develop tailored solutions to production and editing challenges? Do you value listening, understanding, and building meaningful relationships with others? Are you inspired by the idea that you can help eliminate injustice in the world through video production?
Final question: When faced with a challenge, do you get excited or run away?
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, take great pride in producing excellent content, and want to help forward-thinking leaders in the legal field eliminate systemic injustice through video production, you might be the perfect fit for our Videographer position.
The Videographer will be responsible for video production planning, on-site video and audio recording, editing, and final production cuts.
This is an opportunity to shape JusticeApp’s future and positively impact countless nonprofits and people in need of legal help across Massachusetts. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to showcase leaders, champions, and heroes in the Massachusetts legal community, while building the brand of JusticeApp.
Key Responsibilities Include:
· Partner with our founders and nonprofit outreach team to develop video concepts and pipeline;
· Complete video production from start to finish;
· Execute on-site video and audio recording, applying fundamentals of lighting, sound recording, and video production when filming;
· If recording through a video conferencing platform, you will be responsible for delivery and pick-up of any necessary equipment, and camera and microphone set-up, as needed;
· Postproduction – video and audio editing to produce powerful, impactful, and moving video content, consistent with JusticeApp’s brand and mission;
· Foster relationships with legal champions and organizations through video production work;
· Participate in discussions with featured legal champions to help establish project;
· Share creative and logistical feedback with the team, ensuring video concept is appropriate and furthers the visions and missions of JusticeApp and the featured legal champion;
· Prepare content for distribution, including media, transcripts, thumbnails, captions, and audio-described videos.
Our requirements are straightforward. To qualify you must:
· Be truly committed to the elimination of injustice and believe that everyone deserves a fair shot in our legal system;
· Be a creative storyteller, with the ability to capture the viewer’s attention and invoke emotion; Be particularly focused on producing high-quality work-product, with exceptional attention to detail – never settle for “good enough;”
· Have the technical skills we need for video pre-production, production, and post-production – the ability to develop a strong concept, to shoot high-quality raw footage, and edit the footage captured, etc.;
· Have experience storytelling across media (video, photography, audio);
· Be proficient in Adobe Premiere Pro;
· Be proficient creating graphics in either Photoshop or Illustrator;
· Have the ability to apply lighting and audio recording fundamentals for each video production;
· Be an efficient multitasker, able to work under tight time constraints and deadlines;
· Be open to feedback, and be willing and able to effectively communicate your opinions and perspective;
· Be comfortable building relationships with legal champions and leaders in our legal community;
· Thrive in a fast-paced work environment;
· Have the ability to pivot and change course quickly, effectively, and efficiently, while maintaining a positive attitude;
** IMPORTANT TO APPLY **
You will be evaluated and vetted based on your ability to follow instructions. Do not apply through the submission process on LinkedIn.
To Apply: Produce a video that is two minutes long or less, answering these three questions: (1) Why do you want this position? (2) Why are you a good fit for the position? (3) What does justice mean to you? Upload your edited video to YouTube as Unlisted. Draft an email to email@example.com and write in the subject line in all caps, “JUSTICEAPP VIDEOGRAPHER APPLICATION”. In the email, provide a current resume, a link to your video, and links to any other content you’ve created that you feel showcases your skills.
Founded by two Massachusetts attorneys, JusticeApp, the company, is a legal tech start-up with the mission of eliminating injustice. We seek to help level the legal playing field so that everyone has a fair shot at justice through our legal system. We are a tight-knit, passionate team, dedicated to exceptional work-product, and are highly committed to our mission.
JusticeApp, the product, is a free mobile app that aggregates thousands of legal resources for consumers. Users of the app can find credible legal information, access a directory of government and nonprofit-created document builders to draft court forms, and search and filter legal service providers by distance, rating, and cost. They can find courthouse information, access their cases on the court docket, order audio recordings of their court hearings, and more.
Why Join JusticeApp?
· You will be part of a passionate and dedicated start-up company, working closely with attentive co-founders.
· You will be part of a growth environment, helping to develop and amplify JusticeApp’s brand and message, and delving into new projects and initiatives.
· You will be an integral part of the team. Your expertise and skills will help shape JusticeApp’s brand and footprint.
· You will grow personally and professionally. We believe in the value of continuing one’s education and professional development. JusticeApp co-founders take the time to learn and expect you’ll do the same.
· At JusticeApp, we are committed to working toward the elimination of injustice. You will be part of a team that is using its knowledge, skillset, and resources to make a positive impact on the world.
Eliminating Injustice Starts with Us
JusticeApp is committed to the elimination of injustice. That isn’t just a tagline to us. And we know that eliminating injustice starts here, with us. To that end, it is our goal to build a team that is diverse and inclusive – across gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, ability, age, and sexual orientation. We encourage applicants from a broad range of backgrounds and experiences.